Monday, May 6, 2013

Flower Tutorial


I found this wonderful Tutorial for some pretty flowers that Heather made.....



"I thought it would be easier to explain in pictures how I made it, so put together a little photo tutorial on the process. The flowers are really easy to make and can be made with just small pieces of fabric - I hope you give them a try!"

Cut 5 circles of the same size out of fabric. I used my Cuttlebug which made it really quick.


Fold each fabric circle in half.


Fold in half again.


Using a running stitch sew along the curved side, a little bit down from the raw edge.



Add the next petal to the length of thread using a running stitch.



Continue adding petals with the running stitch until all five petals have been added. As you can see you don't have to be fussy about doing even stitches!


Holding the two ends of the thread, pull tightly to gather the petals together and knot 3\4 times.


Snip the ends of the thread and add a button, large gem or yo yo to the centre to cover up the raw edges.



Thanks Heather for allowing us to share this tutorial

Dawn and the DCD Design Team

4 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Oh how fun!! At first I thought we have to sew the flower petals before stringing them together, but Heather is smart to do it like this! Must give it a try in the future, thanks for sharing!!!

Arlene said...

This is simple enough, I might be able to do it too. Great tutorial. Thanks a bunch, Dawn.

Chark said...

thanks! saw these somewhere and thought, can't be too hard, but I probably would've made it harder than this!

stampingandstitching said...

Thanks for having my tutorial on your blog:) The flowers are so quick and easy to make thanks to dies!